Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mom and Dad came to visit

It's taken me a while to get back to my website after my parents left.  We has so much fun while my parents were here that we took about a week to catch up on sleep.  Then there were tests, arranging hotel stays for our trip to Thailand, and just life in general.  I am so happy that my parents came to visit.  I had missed them very much, and it was fun to show them around Dubai.  I'm sure my dad has more pictures, but here are a few of mine to show all the fun things we did.


We met mom and dad at their hotel.  We had drinks at the rooftop bar.

This is the view from their hotel rooftop bar.

We took them on a dinner cruise along Dubai Creek.  You can sort of see Burj Khalifa in the background.

The dinner cruise comes with a magic show and this guy that spins and spins and spins for about 15 minutes straight all the while doing stuff with all the crazy skirts he is wearing.  Craziest part is that he can walk away in a straight line afterward.

We took them to Burj Khalifa to have drinks and bar food.  We got to watch the fountain from the 123rd floor.

Then we watched the fountain from the ground floor

We went to the Lime Tree Cafe for a snack and their famous and delicious carrot cake 
We went to the beach to get a good view of Burj Al Arab

Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad!  See you again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment