Monday, January 29, 2018

Almond & Oats Energy Bites

There are so many different ways to make the popular "energy bites" or "energy balls." So trust me, I will be making some new variations soon! They're easy to make- through everything in a food processor and pulse until it all come together, then roll into small spheres.

I eat these when I am in need of some energy (hence the name). When I don't other snacks around the house (because I eaten all my RxBars) these are an easy go-to. I don't eat them when I am trying to eat a low-calories snack. These things have plenty of calories, mostly from fat. But they also have some protein and fiber and are fairly low carb. So don't be afraid- just keep your portion small. There is plenty of energy in a small portion!

Almond & Oats Energy Bites
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan
Recipe by Emily Frizell, R.D.

(makes 5 servings)

½        cup                  almond butter
1/3     cup                  old fashion oats
2          tsp.                  monk fruit sugar (or coconut sugar)
1          TBSP.              green banana or coconut flour
1          tsp.                  vanilla
1          TBSP.              water (or espresso, or other liquid)



Process ingredients through vanilla in food processor until smooth and forms a dough. Add a few drop of water at a time if dough is not wet enough. Scoop 1 TBSP. of mixture and roll into a ball. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment