Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How many trashcans are there?

If that doesn't make any sense to you, here is the background story:

When I was young, my sister went away for summer camp one year.  My mom was helping me write a letter as I was too young to write.  The first part of my letter probably contained some of the typical questions: how do you like camp? do you like your bunkmates?  Maybe there was some information about what I had been up to.  Then my mom asked me what else I wanted to include in the letter.  And for some reason, I wanted to ask 'how many trashcans are there?'  It's kind of a weird question.  But i remember that my sister wrote back and had actually counted!

My sister had kept the letter and we found it years later.  We had a good laugh wondering why I cared about the number of trashcans at her summer camp.  But since then, when one of us goes on a trip we often either ask or tell about the number of trashcans.  Well,  I'm not sure how many trashcans are here, but I can tell you (and show you) they are quite pretty!  PS I looked like such a weirdo taking pictures of trashcans around the city.




3 comments:

  1. Best post ever! It definitely made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! glad you liked it! i figured you would get a laugh out of it! =) feel free to add in any details i missed from the story

      Delete
  2. But... you didn't answer the question. How many trashcans ARE THERE IN DUBAI? Please count them all and post the answer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete