Thursday, August 30, 2012

What happened to all the cooking?!

This has been quite the crazy July and August.  In July, my fiance and I put an offer on a house and it was accepted, which is great news but it also means a lot of work tracking down old W2s and tax returns.

 In August I went to two weddings.  The first was for my co-worker, Lindy.  The Doerman office gang made our way over to Ohio State, hit up the college bars, saw Lindy in her fabulous lace wedding dress, spent the night dancing away, and had a really good bagel at an almost-famous bagel and coffee shop.  A few days later, Ben and I headed out to Seattle for his sister's wedding.  We saw Pike Place farmer's market, tasted some local beers, ate really good food, and took a beatiful ferry ride to Bainbridge Island. Teresa stunned everyone with her vintage dress. Uncle Dean stunned everyone with his mad dancing skills.  AND I got to see someone who I haven't seen in a long long time:  my roommate from while living in connecticut, Ashlee, and her fiance, Tim.  It was great to reunite with Ashlee, and meet Tim for the first time. 

Then immediately after than began the whole cooking extravaganza in preparation for my favorite sister's baby shower.  The shower was wonderful.  The food was delicious, the onesie-decorating produced the most adorable onesies.  My sister was certainly showered with lots of wonderful presents and adorable baby girl clothes.

And now,  I have been packing up to move.  Today we closed on our house!! We are officially homeowners!  We are so very excited!  We are starting to move a few things in today, and finish up this weekend. 

So as you can see, I have been quite busy.  I have been cooking, but not keeping track of it, or taking pictures.  Often times, it's things I've already cooked before anyway.  So I hope to be back to posting recipes next week.  Check back soon for my famous caramelized onion and proscuitto devilled eggs recipes!

1 comment:

  1. i agree the shower was wonderful. and i am so happy to hear i am your favorite sister :) congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete