Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mini Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake

Another thing I don't make very often: dessert.  I used to bake a lot when I was younger. I experimented with different flavors and using different substitutes for butter.  But somewhere along the way, I started to like cooking much more than baking. I also thought it more relevant to know how to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner since I make those every day and only eat dessert on occasion.

I have started liking cream cheese frosting a lot, and also lemon-flavored desserts. As an idea for my wedding cake, I wanted to combine lemon, berries, and cream cheese.

Mini Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake


Strawberry and lemon zest in blender
What you'll need:
Crust:
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted buttery spread
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp sugar
Cheesecake:
- 8oz light cream cheese
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 6 tbsp agave nectar

Strawberry mixture:
Thin layer graham crust
- 4 1/2oz strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar


What to do:
1.  Preheat the oven to 350*F

2.  Mix together the melted butter, crushed graham crackers, and sugar.  Spread a thin layer of this mixture into 12 separate cupcake wrappers. Bake for 4 - 5 minutes

3.  Mix all ingredients for the cream cheese filling and set aside.  Combine all ingredients for the strawberry mixture in a blender and puree.

4.  Let the graham cracker crust cool.  Spoon 2 tbsp cream cheese mixture onto each crust, then spoon 2 tsp strawberry mixture, then add another 2 tbsp layer of cream cheese.  Finally top with 3 dots (1 tsp each) of the strawberry mixture.  Use a toothpick to spread the strawberry mixture around to create designs.
Top with 3 tbsp puree
Swirl with a tooth pick




No comments:

Post a Comment